2.23.2011

When Will My Life Begin?

Do you ever have one of those moments, where you turn on your Zune (or iPod) put it on shuffle and the first song to play seems to explain EXACTLY what you're feeling? In this case, it was a song from the new (and amazing) Disney movie 'Tangled'.





I absolutely love this movie. The more I watch it the further up my list of Disney princesses it climbs. I think that Rapunzel will hold steady right above Tiana, but below Belle. Though truthfully, a lot of what I love about this movie is the actors voicing the characters. Mandy Moore and Zachary Levi did an (beyond) amazing vocal performance.
(and my small nerd crush on Zachary Levi has big part nothing to do with why I love it so much.)

Anyway, when this song popped up on my Zune I felt this rush of emotions. Rapunzel talks about being stuck in the same place she's always been. Not complaining about said place, just wondering what it would be like to expand outside her box (or in this case her tower). This is the main song in all of the Tangled soundtrack that I completely relate to. I too have sat at my desk at work, or on my couch at home, wondering 'When will my life begin?'. I think this is a common question for most people. Especially people between the ages of 18 and 30, when they're still trying to figure out what to do with their life.

I've been no stranger to feeling like this is my life*:
Photobucket

Now, as of the past couple weeks, I'm on my way to figuring out what to do with my life. Web Designer seems to make the most sense to me. It's something that I'm pretty sure I'd enjoy doing, and (if you do it right) the pay is pretty decent. Not to mention, if I'm REALLY good at it, I could just work from home. Which would be awesome.

I'm pretty sure that the phrase 'When Will My Life Begin?' will never not apply to me at some point or another, but as of right now, I'm pretty happy with my life. I have a beyond amazing husband, some pretty kick ass best friends (both in real life, and online), an fantastic family, a decent job that pays well and offers pretty fantastic benefits, and my muses seem to be waking up (at least in the writing department), and when it all comes together, I get that warm fuzzy feeling, that just keeps me smiling from ear to ear.

So with all that said, I think my new life phrase is one that's currently in my sidebar, because I really love it. And it shows exactly what I'm feeling right now. I'm tired of talking about all the things I want to do with my life, it's time for me to get up and do something about it.



"The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing"
-Walt Disney


*this is basically just a reason for me to use a gif. Because gif-less entries are boring. (:

2 comments: