2.08.2011

Embrace your inner Nerdfighter!

There are some weeks I wish I could just cut out all the crappy bits (like work) and all that would be left would be the awesome bits of the day.

Take yesterday for example. I finally get over from being sick all last week, go to work, where things really weren't all that terrible, just uneventful, and I get home and look what was in my mailbox!



GUYS! It's AWESOME!!! I was stalking it online for like a week and half trying to use my Jedi Mind Trick to make it get to me faster. It made me so happy to see it in my mailbox! I was bouncing up and down in my car about it.

For those who don't know, the bracelet says 'This star won't go out." For the This Star Won't Go Out Foundation, its a foundation started in the memory of Ester Earl, an avid nerdfighter, who passed away from Thyroid Cancer. The foundation is to assist families who have a child living with cancer. I was so excited to be able to contribute to this amazing charity!

This all happened coming off the high I was feeling driving home from work when I talked to my husband. For the past couple months I've been considering the chances of going to Dragon*Con. I've really wanted to go for a few years and now it almost seems possible.

My husband made a deal with me. If I could save up the money to go, then it was fine. I was giggly and ecstatic, then I realize what that meant. It meant I was giving up a handful of things that are going to be happening between now and September.

The first being: A new Zune. I want a new Zune more than Charlie Brown wants to kick a football. My current zune (affectionately named 'Butt Trumpet' #starkidreferanceftw) occasionally craps out on me every once an a while. Though it's been a bit better as of late, I've been coveting a new Zune for over a year. But it's worth giving up... I hope.

The second: Mamma Mia. Broadway Across America is bringing Mamma Mia to Salt Lake in June, I love the movie, I love ABBA, but I'm not sure that I love it enough to go see it live. I'm sure it'll be amazing, but this is the one thing I knew I could live without seeing.

The last (and really most revealing about how serious I am about going to Dragon Con): The Little Mermaid on Broadway. The Tuachan Theater in St. George is putting on this show for three months. I was really really excited for it. I was planning on going for my birthday, but here is where I had to make the choice. It was either Ariel or Dragon Con. It breaks my heart a little to give this up, and I'm hoping Dragon Con will be worth it. *crosses fingers*

So instead of doing all of those things, I'm saving a little bit of money each pay check to save enough money to go to the Con. Luckily, I have a couple of online friends who are willing to share a hotel room with me so that we can split the cost. I'm pretty stoked for it, not gonna lie. It makes the nerd in me totally go crazy!





Currently Listening to: When I Get You Alone ` Darren Criss (on repeat. *is addicted*)
Currently Reading: An Abundance of Katherines ` John Green.

No comments:

Post a Comment