11.15.2011

Geeky, Nerdy and Crafty

In the past few months, I've created a couple of highly nerdy crafts. Though I haven't talked about it recently, my love for the TV series Doctor Who has reached an all time high. One day while browsing the internet for cute Doctor Who things that people have made, I came across this magnificent purse.

Photobucket 


I saw it, and I knew I wanted it like mad. But, being the poor person that I am, I decided instead of buying it, I would make it. Now, mine doesn't look nearly as good as the one I found online. But I'm still pretty proud of it. The "Police Public Call Box" sign was completely hand stitched (poorly, but still), and all in all, I really love it.

Do I want to make a new one? ABSOLUTELY! Especially since now I know what to do and how to make it better. But for now, this one is just fine.

Soon after that I became addicted to finding silly crafts that people have made from various fandoms (mostly Doctor Who, since that was the tv show I was watching the most). When I came across this adorable little plushie, I just wanted to hold him and never let him go.

11th Doctor Plushie

But again, I wasn't willing to spend $40 on him (though he's totally worth it, I just lack the money). So again, I decided to make one of my own. I pretty much copied him exactly, though my Eleventh Doctor is a bit taller. Things kind of spiraled after that.

Photobucket
(the TARDIS purse, Eleven and Ten)

After making an Eleven plushie, I soon moved onto a Ten plushie (for my lovely friend Helen). It was all so fun, and normally didn't take me very long to make. Most recently I made a Rory Pond plushie for my friend Angel's birthday. He's pretty adorable.

Photobucket
(Rory Pond for Angel)

Has Halloween grew closer and closer I decided that I wanted to be Captain Hammer for Halloween. To make my costume even better I made a ELE Dr. Horrible. He might be my favorite that I've ever made, and the best that I've ever done (everyone agrees that it's the goggles that make him the best).

Photobucket
"I'm Plushie Dr. Horrible. I've got a PHD in adorableness!"

Photobucket
(me as Captain Hammer, with my Dr. Horrible plushie)


Here's the thing, I'm seriously considering starting an etsy shop selling these. But I'm not sure if I would be able to keep up with the demand.

They're fairly easy to make, but I'm still thinking I may want to get in a bit more practice before selling them. Also, I should probably figure out how to make female character plushies.

3 comments:

  1. these are awesome anna! if you get things figured out, i would have to buy one also. (can you make skyrim ones??) and where are the harry potter plushies?????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the 'Saxon '08' button on the original! Good work on yours as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This may be the coolest post I have seen in a long time! I want that Doctor Who purse (I maybe slightly (ie- really) addicted to Doctor Who). And that Dr Horrible plushie is possibly one of the cutest things ever!

    ReplyDelete