12.03.2011

In Which Opportunity Knocks Twice in Two Days...

And both times, I opened the door.

Wednesday, at approximately 1:00 pm Mountain Standard Time, I wrote my 50,000th word in my NaNo.

Sure, it's a massive crap pile that will probably not do anything but sit on my computer lonely singing "All By Myself", but it's written.

This is especially awesome for me, because this is the first novel I have ever finished. Does it have plot holes? Absolutely. Are my main characters Mary-Sues and Gary-Stus? You betcha. Am I still incredibly proud of myself? No doubt about it.

November was a hard month to do this in. It was painful and tedious and most of the time I just threw in kissing because I couldn't think of what else to write about at that moment. The fact that I finished it and didn't give up after 11,000 words (like I have the past few years) proves to myself that I can do this if I put my mind to it.

Though putting my mind to another novel is going to wait for at least a month.

------

I'm not sure what made me send in an application for it, but I'm glad I did.

A little while ago, I discovered a website called GeekCrafts.com. This is one of those websites that I could easily surf for hours and hours and not get bored.

A few days ago, the main mod posted a calling for new bloggers. Figuring that I probably didn't stand a chance, but that I wanted to try anyway, I sent in an enthusiastic e-mail with a sample post (where I searched the internet for Stargate crafts and found a couple). This afternoon (again, while at work) I received an e-mail back telling me that I was now going to be one of their weekly bloggers.

That's right.

(this is an accurate representation of how I felt when the e-mail came)

I'll be posting every Sunday. Huzzah!!!!

Suddenly things are looking up.

No comments:

Post a Comment