12.15.2011

This post doesn't have an interesting title. But it is interesting.

After finishing NaNo, the only thing on my mind was laying bed and watching copious amounts of television (as if this was different from every other day). For the first few days of December that's exactly what I did.

Then, a few days ago, Helen sent me her manuscript to critique. Last time she did this, I failed epically. I think mostly because I was so nervous that I wasn't going to be a good crit partner.

Since Helen is one of my best friends, I was determined to put her book at a higher priority than I had last time (sorry, Helen). This is definitely an interesting experience for me. Mostly because, as of right now (this being the first time I've read through it), with every chapter my only thoughts are:
  • OMG! This is amazing.
  • I can't believe Helen wrote a book... and it makes sense!
  • Photobucket
  • Can I just steal this main boy away from from her MC and keep him forever?
  • I can't be friends with Helen anymore. It's just not fair.
  •  Photobucket

While those are not particularly critical (at all), they are a nessecary step for me in this critique partner process. Chances are, I'll finish it tonight, then take a few days to process, then re-read for a better and slightly more critical look.

I'll also probably still be watching copious amounts of television (I mean, did you SEE that Psych finale? I'm still freaking out about it, I think a Psych rewatch is in order), but mostly, I'm going to attempting to be a better crit partner. After all, what are best friends for if not to be brutally honest with each other.

Photobucket

(Starkid gifs are always appropriate)

1 comment:

  1. "I can't believe Helen wrote a book... and it makes sense!"
    I'm not sure if I should be offended by this one....

    "I can't be friends with Helen anymore. It's just not fair."
    Love ya, bestie.

    ReplyDelete