1.23.2011

It's a Bird, It's a Plane, It's.... WRITERS BLOCK!

a villain that attacks poor unsuspecting citizens at the most inconvenient moments.


Every time I feel like I have writers block I think of John Green.
Q. How do you deal with writers’ block?
A. I just give myself permission to suck. I delete about 90% of my first drafts (the only exception to this rule so far has been Will Grayson, Will Grayson) so it doesn’t really matter much if on a particular day I write beautiful and brilliant prose that will stick in the minds of my readers forever, because there’s a 90% chance I’m just gonna delete whatever I write anyway. I find this hugely liberating.

I also like to remind myself of something my dad said to me once in re. writers’ block: “Coal miners don’t get coal miners’ block.”

For the past little while, I've been having serious writers block. Not the kind where I can't come up with any ideas at all. It's the kind where I can't come up with any NEW ideas.

I have a small obsession with super heroes, and for some reason, I can't seem to come up with any other ideas than ones about superheroes. I have about four drafts of basically the same story from different perspectives, and can't seem to get out of this rut.

So I decided that I was going to force myself to write more in at least ONE of my superhero stories. Hoping that if I get further in them, then maybe that'll free up some of the space in my brain to come up with a new ideas.

In Photoshop weekend news, I made this reflective floral design by following this tutorial. It took me (roughly) six hours to make from scratch and I'm pretty proud of it.

Also, as you have probably noticed. I also redesigned my blog background. It certainly describes the fact that my head is in the clouds most of the time. The redesigning took me FOREVER to figure out. But I did it and I'm really proud of my self for it. (:

1 comment:

  1. i love the new background!and your photo shop picture.

    ReplyDelete