1.13.2011

It's time to come to terms with my fate.

I'm just going to have to come to grips with the truth.

I just write better from a boy's perspective. It's not really a BAD thing, I mean, J.K. Rowling did alright for herself. The thing is, you'd think that with me, you know, BEING a girl I'd have an understanding and insight to the female mind. Not to mention, most girls find it incredibly easy to write from a girl perspective, I've always found it a bit difficult. Girls are normally a lot more complicated (or at least I make them be), boys are simple, casually read characters that are easy to give a bit of depth without making them be huge drama queens kings.

I know. It's a bit odd.

Really, the only person I have to blame is myself. When I would write with friends online, I'd always end up writing the boy part. I had 5 years of writing from a boy's perspective, writing from a girls perspective is odd, and obviously doesn't come naturally.

So, what this all comes down to, I have now come to terms with my fate, that I'm at my best, when writing from a boy's point of view.

1 comment:

  1. you could try writing a small story about a girl just to teach yourself a different perspective and exercise your muscles.just for fun. i dunno. i don't think i would do a very good girly girl character. probably because i find then unrelatable in real life. we should try to write something together some time. jsut for fun. :D

    ReplyDelete